Bed & Biscuit
...the ultimate in personalized service, and exclusively for Southpaw grooming clients. Located inside Barbara's home, Southpaw B&B provides a safe and fun environment for up to four guest dogs at a time. The general weekday schedule starts with breakfast and a walk in the large enclosed back yard. The house has a dog door so guests can come in and go out throughout the day. Midday we stretch our legs in the large yard and then when Barbara is finished for the day everyone goes for another walk. Later dinner is served – guests bring their own food. The dogs have one last trip outside before it’s time for their bedtime cookie. Guest dogs sleep on the bed they brought with them. There is no additional charge for refrigerated diets, supplements, medications or other special needs. Lots of individual attention is also included and since your dog already knows Barbara, there is usually very little emotional downtime.
The cost is $55 a night. There is no charge for the day your dog goes home. Pick up and drop off are by arrangement between 8 am and 6 pm.
Southpaw also provides day boarding. Your dog will have the same day time schedule as an overnight boarding guest; arriving after breakfast and going home before dinner. Pick up and drop off are by arrangement between 8 am and 6 pm. The cost is $35 a day.
- Must be a Southpaw grooming client
- Spayed or neutered
- At least 2 years old and fully housebroken
- Rabies vaccination up to date (Southpaw must have a paper certificate, rabies tag won't do)
- Currently on heart worm preventative and flea/tick control (No Front Line or off brand products)
- Negative fecal within the past twelve months.
- Non-aggressive and non-fearful of other dogs and people
- Not afraid of thunder storms
What to bring
- Food with feeding instructions*
- Dog bed and/or snuggle blanket for overnight stays
- Nylon or leather collar with ID tag attached
- Heart worm and flea/tick preventive products (if needed during stay)
- Paper copy of Rabies certificate (if not already on file)
- A toy or two is optional. Please, no rawhide bones or chews
*Your dog will be fed dinner on the day he arrives and breakfast on the day he goes home. Please do not bring excessive amounts of food. Enough for an extra day in case the stay is extended is fine.